1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Ability to add more users to a license

Discussion in 'Resolved Suggestions' started by Steve F, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Steve F

Steve F Member Xen Notices

Like XenForo how we can add users to our licenses to allow access to support areas. Maybe this could be considered for a major release? :)

2. Steve F

Just to note, if it is possible for this, I would only want the extra individuals to be to access support areas (permissions) but not actually download the product.

Bob B likes this.
  3. Bob B

Bob B New Member Xen Product Manager

Im all for this as right now, I have to do it manually. Would like the license owner to be able to set the name of say his/her "developer" to have access to the support forum(s) for the specific addon/optional extras.

Steve F likes this.
  4. Chris D

Chris D Xen Resources Developer Staff Member Xen Notices

This has been added to XPM 1.2 :)

upload_2014-9-28_21-59-37.png

Notice the "License Users" link at the top.

upload_2014-9-28_22-0-2.png

A new permission allows you to control how many users can be added. It defaults to 0 (as do all permissions):

upload_2014-9-28_22-7-12.png

When a user is added, they are actually processed in the same way as the license holder is when they purchase; by which I mean a temporary user change is logged which automatically and instantly promotes them to the same user group as specified in the product set up. The expiry date for this change is either the license expiry date or never, depending on the settings of the license. If the license does expire, the user group change will expire automatically at the appropriate time.

The associated users will only have access to the same user groups as the licensed user. They cannot download the product or access the license page.

Steve F and Bob B like this.
  5. Bob B

Bob B New Member Xen Product Manager

This is AWESOME! Thank you @Chris D

6. Steve F

Love the implementation Chris - Awesome! (y)

Thanks a lot