1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestion Add to usergroups

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by PERuss, Sep 20, 2014.

1. PERuss

PERuss Member Xen Notices

One thing I'd like to see happen is the ability to add to multiple usergroups.

Maybe instead of having radio buttons that allow only one selection, switch them to check marks allowing you to do multiple usergroups.

Our idea behind it is when a user purchases the style "Core", we want them to go into a group called Core Client, as well as a group called: Customers. We want to simplify our permissions and think this would be the easiest method.

If we could make it so the product would create the new usergroup(already exists) AND allow us to choose a secondary usergroup, that'd be sweet as well.

2. RobUK

RobUK New Member

You could use usergroup promotions to do this easily.

3. PERuss

We have it setup as a usergroup promotion as it is :), we just want it be kind of instant instead(not really sure how long that kind of cron should be run).

4. RobUK

RobUK New Member

Maybe @Chris D can fire the promotions cron after an order is processed?
    A tick box per product (run promotions cron after successful purchase) might do it

5. Steve F

Steve F Member Xen Notices

It isn't dependable enough for us, wether it be because of a add on or what, promotions are not always working.

6. RobUK

RobUK New Member

I think it will work. Accounts sometimes are not instantly promoted because their last activity has a bearing. If they've just bought something, they are currently active, therefore it will work. I'm sure Chris will have a solution

7. PERuss

Before I get into it this is a problem we're having with the XF promotions not related to Product Manager.

But for whatever reason it's just not working as intended for one of our groups, not entirely sure why... we've had someone look at it with no luck. It literally refused to promote customers from the "Core Style Customers" to our general customer group.

And honestly there was another reason I thought I had for having check boxes instead of single radio buttons but it's slipping my mind :D

8. RobUK

RobUK New Member

I've had the issues myself, but they are not strictly issues at all. The only reason it doesn't work (as expected) that I've experienced personally, is that it only promotes ACTIVE users.... when a non active user logs on, they become active again and they'll be upgraded at the next cron run. If you still have issues with usergroup promotions not working properly then I'd definitley report that over at xenForo.

9. PERuss

We thought that too however we checked multiple accounts who are regular users, and valid emails and are active.

We're trying to reproduce the error but can't as it's specific to a single user group(core style clients). We'll keep at it though :D

RobUK likes this.
  10. Steve F

Steve F Member Xen Notices

Yea not working as intended at all. Besides we shouldn't have to depend on a promotion for a secondary group tied to a add-on. Just would be nice to be able to bypass promotions and be able to assign a secondary groups is all.