1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adjust Number of Allowed Uploads

Discussion in 'General Pre-Sales and Support Questions' started by Vilandra, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Vilandra

Vilandra New Member

I'm wondering if the number of uploads that can be done at once is hard coded at 10, or if that could be changed?

I am considering switching to XMG from 4images and I'd like to be able to easily upload my old gallery photos to the new categories on XMG.

Thanks!

2. Chris D

Chris D Xen Resources Developer Staff Member Xen Notices

Yes it can be changed.

You have to bear in mind, though, that there will still be a limit as to how many you can upload at once based on what your server can handle.

Things such as memory limits, max post size and that kind of thing can have an impact.

I think on my dev machine I started hitting limits after about 50 images.

It's worth noting, though, that bulk uploading images has been suggested. This may involve uploading via a zip file or directly to the file system. I don't know when that will be included but it will probably happen in a future version.

3. Vilandra

Vilandra New Member

Thanks Chris :) 25 or 50 at a time would help the process go much quicker, so that's good news. I think I would give up if I had to do them one at a time :D

Chris D likes this.