1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copyright Xen Product Manager

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Feedback' started by Allan, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Allan

Allan Active Member Xen Product Manager

Hi, the copyright of Xen Product Manager is on all pages ? or only on XPM pages ?

Screenshot_11.png

2. Chris D

Chris D Xen Resources Developer Staff Member Xen Notices

It's on all pages.

3. Allan

It starts to be painful to add copyright on all pages while the addon is not visible on all pages.

The copyright of XMG is not present on all pages yet.

4. Chris D

5. Allan

6. Chris D

7. Martok

Martok Active Member Xen Notices

This is common practice for add-ons with branding, I've seen several others that do the same thing. The easy solution is to buy branding-free if you don't like it. ;)

Chris D likes this.
  8. Chris D

Adding a copyright to my add-ons is a relatively new concept for me. It's something that I do not like as a customer. But I have done a lot of thinking about it and I haven't made the decision lightly.

You may remember I always said I would increase the price of Xen Media Gallery as it was developed. I didn't do that. I wanted the add-on to remain competitively priced compared to others - even if that means on the whole the add-on is under priced (which it is).

So I could have increased the price, but instead I thought it best to give people the opportunity to still purchase Xen Media Gallery at a competitive and reasonable price of 40 GBP. If you don't mind a branding message, this is a great deal for you because you get it cheaper. If you don't like branding messages or you feel like you'd like to support the product even more financially, the option is there. All of the above applies to Xen Product Manager too.

I'll be clear now: I'm not an ogre. If someone would like to move or redesign or otherwise style my copyright message, please contact me. Please don't just do it and let me find out later, as I won't be happy. But I will be very seriously open to it being changed with my express approval, just contact me.

MattW likes this.
  9. rainmotorsports

rainmotorsports New Member

Personally I am happy with this. Your price is reasonable for branding free if it bothers someone that much. I will be rocking the brand proudly when I get my license. I just have to finish this customer up and then actually have some public work to release...

You were very fair with the XMG pricing and delay in raising it.

Steve F and Chris D like this.