1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Customer workflow missing step?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Newt, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Newt

Newt New Member Xen Notices

Hi, is there a way to (re)direct people to the product's download page after they made a purchase? The Product purchase complete page is really unhelfpful. Even with customization.
    Can we set the return from paypal page to the /products/order page instead? Better yet, direct people to a custom url for each product? Or get some in-your-face download popup none can miss?

Or did I miss it :D
    Thanks

2. Chris D

Chris D Xen Resources Developer Staff Member Xen Notices

The tricky part is, just because they have been redirected back from PayPal, it doesn't mean their payment has actually completed yet (or PayPal has even notified it has completed yet). In which case they may not have a license yet, and there won't be anything to download.

But, usually it is instant, so I may be able to do something here. I'll move to suggestions for now.

3. Newt

I see. From my experience, Paypal notifications are indeed usually instant, but I don't know if it's handled by some cron here, hence my question.

As a customer, every time I end up on that page I'm left wondering ok now what?
    Let's remove hoops, especially for customers as it's very confusing and will only raise frustration, complaints, support tickets and refund requests.

Thank you very much (y)

4. Liam W

Liam W Member

@Newt they normally take a minute or two for me, I had an extreme case of one taking over 10 minutes once.

@Chris D you could redirect back to the main license, and change the error message from doesn't exist to doesn't exist, if you just made purchase please wait a few moments?

Liam

5. Newt

Instant Paypal Notification is not instant :D

Is it still the case? I often make onine purchases and the only place where I have to wait is the 10 seconds timer on Paypal's confirmation page, maybe it's to let the merchant's system receive the confirmation?
    Anyway some more waiting is not very user friendly, coming back from a Paypal transaction means payment sent, so access should be granted right away. That said, a custom download url per product option would be very welcome. :notworthy:

@Liam W I'm also interested in your XPM Stripe addon, but how does it work? Does it give instant access after payment since users don't leave the site?
    Thanks

6. Liam W

Liam W Member

Yes - it redirects directly to the license, if my memory is correct.

Liam