1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

As Designed Download Unavailable

Discussion in 'Resolved Bugs' started by PERuss, Sep 20, 2014.

1. PERuss

PERuss Member Xen Notices

Not sure if this is as designed but when viewing a users license as an admin, I'm seeing the Download Unavailable:

But when logged in as the user:

I'm not necessarily saying I should be able to download the files but I guess why even have the download unavailable button show on this screen if it'll always say that when viewing other users licenses.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
    Chris D likes this.
  2. Chris D

Chris D Xen Resources Developer Staff Member Xen Notices

It's been designed that way. There's a simple permission check to see if a user has permission to download or not. It's either true or false, and theoretically there are times where an actual user's download may be unavailable e.g. if the license isn't active, and there is a check that just prevents you downloading unless it's your own license.

Overall, the behaviour is consistent because regardless of what the reason is you can't download, that button will clearly indicate that. And although I agree it is somewhat superfluous for staff to be shown it, I don't think it's worth changing...

I could move this to suggestions, though, if you like?

PERuss likes this.
  3. PERuss

Nah not a big deal just wanted to clarify, it was a little confusing at first because I activated the license manually for the user but it still said it was unavailable. Once I logged in as the user itself though it was fine, so no biggie.

Chris D likes this.
  4. Chris D

Chris D Xen Resources Developer Staff Member Xen Notices

I'll think about it as I can see how it could be confusing... Maybe some indication on there whether the actual licensee can download... Hmm...

By the way... did you forget to edit the user's name out of the bottom breadcrumb or is there some sort of bug there? :p

5. PERuss

Edit :D, and removed the screenshots just in case, we're picking random users to make sure this importer worked correctly :D

Chris D likes this.