1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestion Email Improvements

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by PERuss, Dec 7, 2015.

1. PERuss

PERuss Member Xen Notices

Something I'd like to see happen is some sort of change to the email system when pushing out updates. I believe the way it's setup now is an email will go to a customer for each license that's active/updated no matter how many they have.

We have a few customers with 30+ licenses and I feel a little bad spamming them each update :D. I'm not exactly sure what would be a nice way to approach it, possibly some sort of delay where it sends emails out after an hour of the product updating and it would essentially combine the emails for the licenses/products on a single user.

Or even a simple single email saying, XXX has been updated, you may have additional products that have been updated please check your account.

Something... just feel like something could improve here.

lms and Chris D like this.
  2. Liam W

Liam W Member

This one would work better I think. I wouldn't really want delayed update emails...

However, when you're looking at this, could you change the template so that it looks like there's only one container? Currently there's the XPM border, with the view changelog button, and then the main one with the visit site button... This just annoys me, it doesn't feel right.

Liam

3. Chris D

Chris D Xen Resources Developer Staff Member Xen Notices

Well, this is formatted exactly the same as any other XF email. Look again. The only difference is that most default XF emails have some explain text, whereas the update emails don't.

So, at best it looks bare there, but it's far from being wrong.

Example...

Conversation email:
    upload_2015-12-8_21-23-42.png

XPM update email:
    upload_2015-12-8_21-24-28.png

4. Liam W

Liam W Member

The XPM email has two banner borders. The one you've added, and the other one with the link to the main site. It just looks like an email template in an email template...

Liam

5. Chris D

I don't see what you're referring to. They look the same to me, with the only difference being the lack of text containing the unsubscribe link etc.

6. Liam W

Liam W Member

Ah, that's what's getting me.

Ideally, because there's no meta text, would it be possible to move the blue border with the View Changelog button onto the main border, where the site link is?

Liam

7. Chris D

It might just be easier to add some text there ;)