1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Expired license download older versions?

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Feedback' started by PERuss, Sep 20, 2014.

1. PERuss

PERuss Member Xen Notices

I can't remember if this has been talked about but after doing an import and various testing users who's products are expired can't download past versions?

This could be something with our importer so just double checking, I'm logged in as the user and can see:

Screenshot_12.png

I can click activate which brings me to the URL/name but that's all, goes back to this page again.

Or maybe this just isn't possible at all unless they renew it, but maybe then a suggestion they can download up to a certain version they have had access too.

2. Chris D

Chris D Xen Resources Developer Staff Member Xen Notices

You are only allowed to download versions that were released before the license expired.

Presumably the creation date of your products and versions is pretty much today or the date you created them in XPM.

As far as the logic is concerned, they were released after the licenses exoired hence they are not downloadable.

You will need to set the version release date manually in the database.

3. Steve F

Steve F Member Xen Notices

So this could still be accomplished in the importer though correct? We are just testing imports still but are able to adjust it.

4. Chris D

Yeah it can either be handled in the import or manually after import.

The important part is the release_date field of the xenproduct_version table.

Just get that to match the actual release date of those versions and customers should be able to download any version up until when their license expired.

For simplicity here I only imported the most recent XMG version and I adjusted the release date manually in the database.

5. Steve F

So basically as it stands it is using Today's date, date of the import. I don't think in microcart that products had a release date tied to it. :(

Edit: Actually I think it does have a date for each file uploaded.
    upload_2014-9-20_14-59-44.png

Could we fib the system possibly with a fake date?

upload_2014-9-20_14-52-27.png

6. Chris D

Yeah. Put any date you want in.

7. Steve F

Ok, I also edited my above post. Files do have post dates.

8. Chris D

That seems like it would do it (y)

Steve F likes this.
  9. PERuss

PERuss Member Xen Notices

Hey Chris,

Just curious but if our importer can't import these old history files, can we go in and basically push out an update with our OLD versions, then go into the DB and edit the date; would this work or have any adverse effects at all that you know of?

10. Chris D

Yes it would work, it's basically what I did with XMG. I didn't bother importing in the version history (nor did I import in old versions at all, actually, but I appreciate versions are a tad more specific for you guys due to their relation to XF versions) I just simply set the version release date to be the current date during import then edited the release_date in the xengallery_version table.

PERuss likes this.