1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Free products?

Discussion in 'Resolved Suggestions' started by RobUK, Sep 17, 2014.

1. RobUK

RobUK New Member

I've not tried this yet, but I need to add some products that are free.
    How will the system cope with this? If it won't can this be moved to the suggestions forum please?

2. RobUK

RobUK New Member

Update....

Ok, can this be moved to the suggestions forum? I could really use this feature in order to finish my migration of products into xenforo.
    Pwetty please Chris?

3. Chris D

Chris D Xen Resources Developer Staff Member Xen Notices

This was a scenario that sort of came up during beta testing, actually.

There was an issue whereby how do you handle a discount coupon that discounts a product by 100%? And what I did then was implement a system whereby if the cart value is 0 then it should be possible to just purchase that cart without going through PayPal.

upload_2014-9-26_10-57-18.png

What I didn't do, though, is remove the check while saving a product that insisted on a price being entered.

But I have now :)

This is actually quite flexible. Because it now opens up the possibility of providing free products with paid extras.

Some scenarios:
    • Free product with paid branding removal or other extras (@PERuss and @Steve F this may also interest you)
    • Free product with initial support period where a renewal has to be paid thereafter
    • 100% free product but kept up to date when the product is updated (a bit like the RM)
    And the only change I made for this in the next version is to remove 3 lines of code. Awesome ;)

shannon renee and Steve F like this.
  4. RobUK

RobUK New Member

hehe... glad to help:) Wouldn't it be cool if all suggestions could be done in 3 lines of code :)