1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Include Product Name/User Name In email

Discussion in 'Resolved Suggestions' started by PERuss, Sep 23, 2014.

1. PERuss

PERuss Member Xen Notices

One thing I got use to in our previous store was seeing which product was purchased along with the username. Doesn't necessarily need both but it was nice. Not sure if this would be an easy template modification to the email template that's being sent out.EDIT: It's paypals email so I need more sleep still :D

I see the description:

Pixel Exit (778167AEAF87)

Maybe make it Fusion Gamer (778167AEAF87) - #ChrisD

Just a thought.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
  2. Chris D

Chris D Xen Resources Developer Staff Member Xen Notices

Default XF User Upgrades PayPal emails look like this:

Xen Media Gallery
    Item Number 427

It's that bottom line that I think is missing and probably configurable but I'm not sure how much. Will look into it.

3. Chris D

Ah, interesting. There's another way of populating the order details with PayPal. I need to make some other back end changes because actually this screenshot has some mistakes in it, but ultimately it works :)

upload_2014-9-26_16-6-9.png

Going to try some other stuff too...

PERuss likes this.
  4. Chris D

Why hello there...

upload_2014-9-26_16-23-11.png

I have to do a lot of testing with this, unfortunately, because the cart total is no longer passed explicitly by the value of the cart in Xen Product Manager. Instead it is made up of the individual quantities and costs of each item... Has the potential to get messy but I'm hoping it's quite straightforward :)

PERuss likes this.
  5. Liam W

Liam W Member

^^ I was using the cart method in my old products addon @Chris D. It took a bit of reading, but I got it working eventually.

I prefer it...

6. Chris D

Yeah it's much better.

I'm going to be ripping up the PayPal integration and starting again in the near future, but until then this is a nice touch.

7. Liam W

Liam W Member

Oh dear, I don't like the sound of that. It sounds like it could break Stripe :p

Chris D likes this.
  8. Chris D

Going to call this implemented now, but obviously it is being tested.

It is installed here.

PERuss likes this.
  9. PERuss

PERuss Member Xen Notices