1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Integration questions

Discussion in 'General Pre-Sales and Support Questions' started by optrex, May 4, 2013.

1. optrex

optrex Member

Nice product Chris, just a couple of quick questions, mainly around integration, which is the key thing for any gallery:

• Will there be the option to vote instead of rate, to create competitions?
    • A photo can generate discussion - any way of tracking comments (from whats new search or similar)?
    • Photo upload - will it generate a topic, with conversation comments - as per the way Resource Manager works?
    • Do I get alerts on media uploads ie reply/quote?
    • Can I watch a media upload for comments?
    • Will EXIF be handled/displayed at any point in the future?

2. Chris D

Chris D Xen Resources Developer Staff Member Xen Notices

1) Not currently
    2) What's New is only for threads. Comments are shown in Recent Activity and News Feeds.
    3) No plans for this. Discussion is handled well enough on the media view page.
    4) Alerts are generated when comments are added or when content is Liked.
    5) Not yet. You get alerts on your own media though.
    6) This is planned.

optrex likes this.
  3. optrex

optrex Member

Thanks Chris,

What search options are there to locate media ?

I've purchased, but I cant see me rolling this out without a search option. I came from IPB and their gallery was really poorly integrated. In the end I got fed up of waiting so went to XF and reverted back to posting in a forum. The members prefer this as they can see whats going on, so I have not deployed a gallery yet.

I've trained all my members to use "whats new?" on every visit to find out what they've missed whilst they have been away. XMG looks very nice, but its lacking search, new media notification and comment notification, which really are key integration features for me. My events calendar, resources manager, link directory all post a topic and subsequent posts on comments. This means they get used and feel part of the main forums, rather than being a bolt on.

The other bits, I could live with, but I'd like to see this addressed if possible to make your very lovely gallery a killer app.

regards
    Grant

4. Chris D

Wouldn't it have been wise to ask these questions before purchasing?

I haven't got a timescale on when or if some of this will be available. I have some bigger features that need implementing first. Also, the gallery has only been in development for 4 weeks so its very early days yet.

5. optrex

optrex Member

I purchased because XMG is way and above the best gallery project I've seen for XF. I like the way you are heading and I wish to support you as a developer. I appreciate my comments probably sound a little harsh but they are not intended to be critical of you or the product, just giving you a bit of background on why the suggestions for improvements were made.

Chris D likes this.
  6. Chris D

That's cool :)

I will definitely accommodate as many suggestions as possible.

optrex likes this.