1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maximum additional users

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Feedback' started by paradoxG(r)eek, Feb 9, 2017.

1. paradoxG(r)eek

paradoxG(r)eek New Member Xen Product Manager

Hello,

As I didn't found any documentation I follow the way that I know from vBulletin for installing addons and everything worked/installed fine.

I assume that the first job to do is to set usergroup permissions and this is what I'm trying to do now. The only permission that I didn't understood:
    Maximum additional users
    What it really means?

Also I set for Maximum coupons per cart: 1. Is this ok? Means that one coupon must be used per order/item or that each user can use only once a coupon?

What will happen if I keep set 1 and the user adds on the same order as quantity 3?

Thank you
    Christos

2. paradoxG(r)eek

*** Addition ***

Just seen that there are several option blocks below, so could you please point me to any documentation article?

Thank yoy

3. Chris D

Chris D Xen Resources Developer Staff Member Xen Notices

"Additional users" is very similar to the "Forum users" concept on your XF license. For each license, you can add additional users which although cannot download the product on your behalf, they receive the same user group permissions, e.g. being able to post and view a customer only forum.

This permission controls the maximum number of additional users someone can add to their license.

Max coupons per cart controls literally that. If someone finds two coupon codes, and both are valid, if set to 1, they would only be able to use one of them. The coupon would apply to all of the valid contents of the cart, e.g. if the coupon gives you 10% off a specific product and they bought 3 licenses of that product, the 10% discount would apply on the value of each product. If the coupon gives you 10% off the cart contents, it just takes 10% off the total cost of the cart. So, the exact behaviour there depends on what type of coupon it is.

There is no documentation but in lieu of that I'm more than happy to answer any questions you may have.

4. paradoxG(r)eek

Thank you for your prompt attention Chris. Really appreciated.

To make the long story short and as usergroup permissions is the most important step. I'll be the only Admin without Moderators. If, for register users, I set to NO all options at:

- Xen Product Manager Product Permissions
    - Xen Product Manager Version Permissions
    - Xen Product Manager Order Permissions
    - Xen Product Manager License Permissions
    - Xen Product Manager Optional Extra Permissions
    - Xen Product Manager Coupon Permissions
    - Xen Product Manager Admin Permissions

except:

- View any license
    - View optional extras
    - View coupons
    - View all outstanding carts
    - View all orders
    - View all licenses

should I be ok?

For Unregister I've On only View products and for me All to Yes

Thank you

5. Chris D

Chris D Xen Resources Developer Staff Member Xen Notices

Every single user related permission is in the Xen Product Manager User Permissions group.

Normal users shouldn't need any of the other permissions, they are all related to managing those aspects as an admin/moderator and don't affect normal users.

So these should all be no for users, without exception.

Users can always see their own orders, licenses etc.