1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photopost Pro to Xen Media Gallery

Discussion in 'General Pre-Sales and Support Questions' started by Photomedium, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Photomedium

Photomedium New Member

Hi,

I see it is possible to import from Photopost Pro with vBulletin Integration :)
    I have a site currently running on vbulletin 3.8.4 and photopost pro 6.2
    I plan to move to xenforo and Xen Media Gallery. How should I proceed? Converting the forum to xenforo first and then converting photopost pro to Xen Media Gallery?
    Also, what version of photopost pro would be the best before converting it? Does the importer import all the comments and photo ratings as well?

Thank you in advance for your help.

2. Chris D

Chris D Xen Resources Developer Staff Member Xen Notices

Yes that is the correct order. After the import into XenForo is finished you will be asked to archive the import log by choosing a name for the log. Make a note of that as you will need it for the import into XMG.

Your version of Photopost Pro is compatible with the importer and it imports everything you asked about :)

Photomedium likes this.
  3. Photomedium

Photomedium New Member

Thank you very much for your fast reply! Buying it :)
    Just one more question: does it modify the structure of all the data or is it just a database change?
    I will do a backup anyway!
    It's Matt from mattwservices.co.uk who recommended me your script. He is using it on a car site.

4. Chris D

Chris D Xen Resources Developer Staff Member Xen Notices

Indeed Matt was one of my first customers.

The import process will not affect any existing data or database. By the end you will effectively have two copies of everything but it is still recommended to back everything up before starting. :)

Photomedium likes this.
  5. Photomedium

Photomedium New Member

Thank you. I like that way of converting things by having two copies.
    I just bought it :)

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
    Chris D likes this.
  6. MattW

MattW Active Member

Looks like I'm going to be busy!

Photomedium and Chris D like this.