1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Preparation for Xenmediagallery

Discussion in 'General Pre-Sales and Support Questions' started by tommydamic68, Feb 21, 2014.

1. tommydamic68

tommydamic68 Member

Hi @Chris D - I will most likely be purchasing this add on over the weekend and attempting a convert over from image gallery, VBulletin 3.8 to Xengallery to Xenmediagallery. Beside a full backup of site files and data base - any other suggestions for prepping for the switch over?

Also, is there any files (images) I can remove to free up space after the convert over that would exist from Xengallery? Is there a way to see how many images I actually have on my server? Not sure where they are kept with Xengallery.

Thanks.

2. Chris D

Chris D Xen Resources Developer Staff Member Xen Notices

Yeah a full site back up is important. Everything will go smoothly but it's always nice to have that peace of mind. I can't really think of any other precautions.

You should be able to delete anything left over by XenGallery. I can't remember off hand exactly where they are stored. I think it's something like data/photos.

Xen Media Gallery stores its full sizes images in internal_data/attachments, internal_data/xengallery and thumbnails are stored in data/xengallery.

tommydamic68 likes this.
  3. tommydamic68

tommydamic68 Member

So even the stored photos under the 3 folders L-M-S can be deleted? There are 1000's. Of course after the import.

4. Chris D

Yeah.

I guess one thing to be sure of: Make sure you have enough disk space. I don't delete anything from your server. But I will be copying the L version of the images so there needs to be enough room to accommodate everything you have plus a copy of those images.

5. tommydamic68

tommydamic68 Member

Do likes and comments import over? And what of album covers?

6. tommydamic68

tommydamic68 Member

My disc space is unlimited (so they say) will verify with host first.

7. Chris D

Yeah likes and comments will import over from XenGallery. XMG doesn't have an album cover feature. In XenGallery do those covers live in their own album? If so they will copy over. But they will just be like any other image in any other album.

8. tommydamic68

tommydamic68 Member

Can I delete the M and S image folders before import?

9. Chris D

Probably, but I don't see much benefit in doing that.

10. tommydamic68

tommydamic68 Member

I may have an inode issue - disc space wise.

11. Chris D

Actually, I just double checked.

I think you can delete the L, M and S directories. I only copy stuff from the O directory.

12. tommydamic68

tommydamic68 Member

The o directory meaning the fe folder "o" ? The other images you listed above can be deleted?

13. Chris D

14. tommydamic68

tommydamic68 Member

Well actually- I will download those folders locally first /before deleting just in case .

15. tommydamic68

tommydamic68 Member

Can I delete "o" folder and files after import?

16. Chris D

17. tommydamic68

tommydamic68 Member

FYI - 20,000 plus images imported over from Xengallery to Xenmediagallery - so far, so good…

Edit: And wouldn't you know it- members are already starting to use it…been awhile! (y)

Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
    0ptima and Chris D like this.
  18. Garamond

Garamond Member

Are you planning an album cover image feature?

19. Chris D

It has been suggested.

DDVixen and Garamond like this.