1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question

Discussion in 'General Pre-Sales and Support Questions' started by Lee, May 14, 2013.

1. Lee

Lee New Member

Hi Chris,

Just a quick one - is there a demo of the admin panel so I can play with the templating just make sure I know the software is capable of doing what I want.

2. Chris D

Chris D Xen Resources Developer Staff Member Xen Notices

Not really. The Admin panel is just the Admin CP which I'm sure you're familiar with.

What exactly is it you're wanting to do? I can probably just answer that question or provide examples.

3. Lee

Lee New Member

Basically, I just wanted to see how the templates where built so that I could confirm in my mind what I wanted to do with them.

http://xenmediagallery.com/media/

On that page, I want to take away all text and just leave the images and a upload button. Is it possible to set a "default" upload area? Ie, just create one category and force everyone to upload there?

4. Brogan

Brogan Administrator Staff Member Xen Notices

The templates can be edited to remove any unwanted content.

You can have a single category, yes.

5. Lee

Lee New Member

Thanks Brogan.

I see user tagging is coming soon, will there be a tagging system like other social media systems use, ie #tagging at any point?

6. Chris D

Should be easy enough to do.

I can give you more specific advice when you're a licensed customer... ;)

But basic gist is, replace the contents of the xengallery_wrapper template so it is empty (this removes the media sidebar from all pages). Change the Add Media button so it points directly to the add link for your own category: http://xenmediagallery.com/media/categories/images.4/add

I think for the most part that is it.

7. Chris D

No immediate plans but integrations with other add-ons could make this possible in the future.

8. Lee

Lee New Member

Okay, thanks for the updates guys. Tagging would be a big bonus to me, i'll keep an eye out.

Chris, thanks for the help above there. Good to know it can do what I am looking for. I am assuming thumbnails are size-definable? Does it just fit as many as it can on a row?

Thanks!

9. Brogan

Yes, set in the options.

10. nuBo

nuBo New Member

Hi, I`ll want to buy this gallery. Where I can download russian translation on it?

11. Brogan

You will need to translate it yourself or check on xenforo.com for an existing translation.