1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestion Require Valid Domain/Domain Verification

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Liam W, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Liam W

Liam W Member

On my recent theft, the thief used an unregistered domain for activation.

It would be prudent to check that the domain being used for activation is valid, and even better offer some form of validation to ensure the licensee owns the domain.

Even just checking to see if XenForo is installed would be better than nothing.

Liam

Xon likes this.
  2. Chris D

Chris D Xen Resources Developer Staff Member Xen Notices

I sort of see this outside of the scope of this add-on, currently.

I had considered adding XF license verification to it, but ultimately this add-on isn't only used by XF vendors (though I appreciate it is used by a lot of them).

I'll keep the suggestion open, but with the above in mind, you could sort of do this yourself already. You could verify your registered users have a valid XF license using the license validation API. Then only provide users permission to purchase products once they are in your XF licensed users group. A few template edits around the "Add to Cart" buttons (which would be greyed out without permission) and it should end up being pretty clear what has to happen. This should give you that additional level of protection.