1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestion Some Suggestions for Xen Product Manager

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by wmtech, Jan 14, 2015.

1. wmtech

wmtech New Member Xen Notices

• Ability to change product file(s) without the need to create a new version
    • Add a Stripe payment option for users not able to use PayPal
    • Product listing should not default to "last updated"
    • Manual product ordering is completely ignored currently. Should be default.
    • Add a versioning for options
    • Allow to create updates without sending emails
    • Add VAT options to shopping cart depending on a custom field with country of user or/and his geolocation of ip address
    Thank you @Chris D for having created this very useful add-on!

Brett Chitty and Veer like this.
  2. Chris D

Chris D Xen Resources Developer Staff Member Xen Notices

You can do that already. Just edit the current version and it will replace the file for that version (it doesn't count as a new version, it just replaces the file).

It's available as an add-on by @Liam W, therefore quite low on my list of priorities at the moment.

That would very much depend on personal preference, may consider it as an option in the future.

Probably not going to do this. Seems overkill.

Everything else seems like a fair suggestion so will be considered.

3. wmtech

I cannot delete and also not upload a new file when editing a product. Using safari. So, it seems this is a bug.

Edit: Now I understand. You have to edit the version. Editing the product does only show the files. Thanks for clarifying!

This add-on by Liam W. seems not to be supported (he does not even use it himself). But I'll consider it.

The products are prepared to have a custom ordering in the list. Why is this not used? Is this also a bug?

4. Chris D

Chris D Xen Resources Developer Staff Member Xen Notices

There's no bug here. Check permissions with regards to deleting a product.

As I stated, you can replace the file by editing the version. Editing the version is not the same as editing the product.

Custom ordering works fine.

The first tab is editable. Click on it and you can type text into it. Then you can click and drag the list to change the order. There should be a button to save the custom order after you're happy with the changes. If these options don't appear, again, check permissions.

wmtech likes this.
  5. Liam W

Liam W Member

I've not had any bug reports, so there's nothing to really do with it - it works.

It is enabled on my site, but the template modifications didn't work, so it didn't appear active. I am updating it now though :)

Liam

6. wmtech

I would consider it a bug, if it does not work. ;-)

7. Liam W

Liam W Member

Well, it probably had something to do with the change I made to the template on my site... Anyway, the update has been released, and is enabled on my site. Although you already bought a copy ;)

Liam

8. wmtech

Liam, with all respects:

Your add-on did not work without this recent bug fix. And nobody even recognized this since the last XenProduct version was released Oct. 3,2014! At least you should have recognized it yourself, since you seem to use it.

Unfortunately your add-on is setup in a way it likely has to be updated with each single new XenProduct release to get the button shown. It also uses an old Stripe API.

If @Chris D would add Stripe to his product, he would just need to add a single button, 2 option fields, 2 conditionals and copy the initialisation code from the Stripe API. This would take less than an hour of his time.

I would really prefer if Stripe could be integrated in XenProduct directly. The add-on would raise in value for several people.

9. Liam W

Liam W Member

You have no respect, clearly. And no, it is using the latest API from the Stripe github. Not an old one.

Sorry if you wanted a different implementation. Do it yourself. I can't fix something if no one reported it, and no one did.

10. wmtech

Sorry about that.

It is using 1.16.0. The most recent one is 1.17.5 with a lot of bug fixes.

We'll do. ;-)

11. Liam W

Liam W Member

@wmtech client libraries only have to work when being used.

Unfortunately, I'm forced to use an old client library in XPM Stripe because XenForo doesn't allow for namespaces and such. The legacy version I'm using is fully supported, however.

It should also be mentioned that I don't understand how you would know the internals of the add-on if you hadn't purchased a license.

The latest version uses the new system in XPM to provide a more engrained, easy to use, payment experience. It should work with future versions (unless something major changes), but there isn't a way around that.

Liam