1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Translations

Discussion in 'General Pre-Sales and Support Questions' started by Peter, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Peter

Peter Member

Is the gallery translation ready ?
    It comes with any language files already translated ?
    How to translate it in case there is no lang ready ?

Thanks.

2. Chris D

Chris D Xen Resources Developer Staff Member Xen Notices

I only speak English so the add-on is entirely in English but it can be translated just like any part of XenForo or any add-on.

Some people have already translated Xen Media Gallery into German and Turkish.

You would be very welcome to translate Xen Media Gallery yourself to whatever language and release that in the XenForo Resource Manager if you'd like to share it :)

3. Peter

Peter Member

It uses .po files ? Or how its the way to do it ?

Thanks.

4. Alluidh

Alluidh Member

Hi Peter

Please don't use .po files or something like this. For the best translation do it with
    Appearance => Phrases => Search Phrases
    in a living XenForo. With this way you will be able to "see and feel" your translation on demand and you will be able to check:
    • Is there enough space for my wording?
    • Did the words in one section use the same family?
    • Is the translation consistence?

At some points it is better to use "your" words or special words of your language as a 1 to 1 wording translation. :)

I always translate the gallery together with the XenForo and the Recourse Manager to get a consistent result.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
    Chris D likes this.
  5. Chris D

Fantastic answer @Alluidh, thank you.

6. Peter

Peter Member

Thank you, thats what i wanted to know, if its integrated to translate or not. Now just Photopost importer is the thing I need to buy 2 licences :D I Hope it happens soon.

7. Alluidh

Alluidh Member

At the moment we try photopost => sonnb Gallery => Xen Media Gallery

8. Peter

Peter Member

Thats, pay, then test, pay again, test again... Not good.

I'll wait for the real importer.

9. Alluidh

Alluidh Member

At the moment there is a test and after it there will be a documentation. Yes, a real import will be better but @Chris Deeming was born with only to hands (I hope :)) So for the meantime we plan to help ;)

Peter and Brogan like this.
  10. luis

luis New Member Xen Notices

gldtn likes this.
  11. Peter

Peter Member

12. minifisch

minifisch New Member

Hey and sorry guys for bumpin this thread, but I have a question that belongs to the translations.

I'm looking for a german Xen Media Gallery translation, but the only addon I've found seems to be offline. ;(
    Does anyone have got a working german translation? :(

13. Chris D