1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turning features on/off

Discussion in 'General Pre-Sales and Support Questions' started by BillyGoat4130, May 23, 2014.

1. BillyGoat4130

BillyGoat4130 New Member

As someone that runs a forum that does not have the most tech centric or computer savvy people on it, it pains me to ask if there is a way to limit or turn off alot of the features and front end changes that I see here from XMG? You've done a great job with it, but I really need to be able to simplify things down to the bare minimum. Are there switches mostly in admincp for stuff, or do I need to make template edits?

2. Chris D

Chris D Xen Resources Developer Staff Member Xen Notices

There's so many things with varying degrees of customisability that to give you an accurate answer it would be best to tell me what you plan to disable. I'll happily tell you if each thing can and how.

3. BillyGoat4130

BillyGoat4130 New Member

Well, lets say I'd need to keep user albums, a widget or two to display recent uploads or random media, the watermarking, and the import user albums ability from vb4, and just the albums on the user profiles. Beyond that, really, not very much. I'm not sure it'd even be necessary to use the /media area if an upload interface was accessible from their user profile and/or album listing perhaps.

4. Chris D

Chris D Xen Resources Developer Staff Member Xen Notices

Unfortunately those changes are little too "structural" to do anything about. I can't see a lot of that changing.

A lot of features can be enabled or disabled via options and permissions. But the URLs, locations of pages etc. they have to stay as they are.