1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two questions about XenMediaGallery

Discussion in 'General Pre-Sales and Support Questions' started by anto74, Aug 28, 2014.

1. anto74

anto74 New Member Xen Notices

Hi :)
    I'm testing this addon, it seems fantastic :)
    I have two questions:
    1) integration with [bd] Social Share addon is perfect? When user upload media the media is shared to FB, ok?
    2) now i'm using customised XenGallery addon. The importer tool for this addon works ok?

2. anto74

Other question :)
    My forum home page is based to [bd] Widget as home Page (macroforum.org)
    I can insert some XenMediaGallery widget in home page?

3. Chris D

Chris D Xen Resources Developer Staff Member Xen Notices

1) The integration with Social Share is down to @xfrocks. I don't personally use it. I believe xfrocks may be looking into fixing a bug. Once that bug has been fixed, it should work no problem.
    2) What has been customised in XenGallery? The importer works absolutely fine with XenGallery. One customer imported 40,000 images from XenGallery.
    3) Xen Media Gallery comes with a special template that can be used to insert a media block absolutely anywhere, including in Widget Framework using the Advanced: Template Renderer. There are instructions available in the Customer Area that instruct how to do this.

Hope that helps :)

4. anto74

Thanks :) The customisation is minimal, only added new feature :)
    I Hope xfrocks will fix the problem :)
    I will Buy your addon
    Thanks!
    Antonio

Chris D likes this.
  5. anto74

Hi @Chris D
    i have other question, sorry :)
    For my photography forum is important to have original size of uploaded images. Now i'm using [bd] Attachment Store ( photos are stored to external ftp server when uploaded ) with XenGallery.
    The photo import from XenGallery will import the original photo uploaded?
    Antonio

6. Chris D

Chris D Xen Resources Developer Staff Member Xen Notices

Yes, actually Xen Media Gallery only supports two sizes at the moment. Thumbnail and original. The importer will grab the original sized image from XenGallery and that will be what is displayed when viewing the gallery.

anto74 likes this.
  7. anto74