1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

User albums

Discussion in 'General Pre-Sales and Support Questions' started by Peter, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Peter

Peter Member

When will that happen?
    Can someone please tell me an estimate ?

I don't wan't to buy and wait 8 months, so an advice here will be appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Chris D

Chris D Xen Resources Developer Staff Member Xen Notices

It's in quite an advanced state of development right now.

I don't want to give time scales just yet, but it definitely won't be as long as 8 months. Ideally I'd be looking at a release in June or July.

But nothing is guaranteed so it might be better to wait until timescales are clearer or it is actually ready for release.

PyroM likes this.
  3. Peter

Peter Member

I will wait then. Thanks for the info.

Is there a way to be notified when this is about to be done ? Like a week before launching ?

Thanks.

4. Chris D

1.3 will run here first so keep an eye on the Announcements forum here and the Resource thread at XenForo.com

5. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Member Xen Notices

Is it ready yet? :p
    Yeah, I was THAT kid in the back seat. :D

Socially Uncensored likes this.
  6. Peter

Peter Member

Any update in this ? I am waiting to get 2 licenses when its done ;) Well, one with user albums and the other with Photopost importer :D

7. Chris D

Still in development :)

Very soon!

PyroM and Peter like this.
  8. PyroM

PyroM Member Xen Notices

I own one license already - but am too awaiting user albums and Photopost Pro importer, where the importer imports the private user albums of PP into user albums of XMG...

9. Chris D

Sorry, just to clarify...

XFR User Albums importer and the albums functionality of XMG will appear in version 1.3.

Other importers will be slightly later but not too long after.

Alfa1 likes this.
  10. PyroM

PyroM Member Xen Notices

Yes, me and others will understand that. XMG 1.3 is most important and importers will follow somewhen (hopefully soon) after. Please just do what you can. Maybe the community will write different importers after 1.3 is out...

Chris D likes this.
  11. Peter

Peter Member

How is the progress going ? :rolleyes:

12. Chris D

13. Peter

Peter Member

Any news or update about this ?

14. Chris D

15. Allan

Allan Active Member Xen Product Manager

Chris, must understand people, Brogan noted several times that the script was developped in 3 weeks and everyone is awaiting the 1.3 (people have said it should be very fast because the script was written in three weeks, and 8 months later, still nothing).

16. Chris D

I'm not quite sure where you get 8 months from.

Xen Media Gallery 1.3 has been in development about 4 months. The Gallery was first released around 8 months ago, but it was important to add a lot of improvements and requested features and ensure the software was as stable as possible before beginning to develop the albums functionality in 1.3.

There has been a number of delays which have been unfortunate but I will put this right in good time and the quality and feature set in 1.3 will more than make up for the delays.

All I ask is for a bit more patience.

Brad L likes this.
  17. Code Monkey

Code Monkey New Member Xen Notices

I would rather have it right than early.

rightclickfix, gldtn and Chris D like this.
  18. rightclickfix

rightclickfix New Member

I've just registered here as I'm after a members gallery where ppl can create their own albums so am guessing this one is going to incorporate my needs in time?
    Like codemonkey I'd rather it was ready and working prior to beta testing a rushed out version so no rush but apologies if I've missed the digital boat :)

19. Chris D