1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want to add item without an attachment

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Feedback' started by MattieNumNums, Feb 23, 2015.

1. MattieNumNums

MattieNumNums New Member

I would like to sell an item but don't want attachments. Basically since no shopping cart software is available I want to make this my cart. How can I disable the necessity for an attachment when creating an item?

2. Liam W

Liam W Member

Unfortunately, you can't :(

I s'pose you could just upload an empty txt file in it's place though - or a txt file sayings thanks for purchasing?

Liam

3. Chris D

Chris D Xen Resources Developer Staff Member Xen Notices

Liam is right. There's no way to do that currently. I will look into it for the future, though.

4. Brett Chitty

Brett Chitty New Member

+1
    I'd like to add a product with nothing to download.
    What I do is create webinars. Then afterwards, I add recordings as attachments. The key is to get people to buy the 'product' and THEN turn up for the webinars. Maybe I could sell a pdf document with instructions to join the webinars as a temporary stopgap.
    Thanks @Liam W , great suggestion you made - hadn't thought it that way before!!!!

5. Mike Edge

Mike Edge New Member Xen Notices

Hi @Chris D Has this been updated yet not to require to upload a file when adding a new item?

6. Chris D

Chris D Xen Resources Developer Staff Member Xen Notices

No there hasn't been any changes there.

Mike Edge likes this.
  7. Mike Edge

Mike Edge New Member Xen Notices