1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Xen Product Manager - Suggestions

Discussion in 'Resolved Suggestions' started by RobUK, Sep 17, 2014.

1. RobUK

RobUK New Member

I've got various suggestions to hopefully improve this modification, numbered for ease of feedback.
    1. When no optional extras exist for a product, can this phrase be hidden on the licenses page? "No optional extras purchased"
    2. When a product doesn't use licensing, can you hide the "Update..." button on the licenses page?
    3. When a product doesn't use licensing, can you remove the product licenses tab on the product page?
    4. Show product thumbnails on the active licenses page
    I'd be a happy bunny if these were implemented :D

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
  2. Chris D

Chris D Xen Resources Developer Staff Member Xen Notices

1. Yes. This is a reasonable change to make. I'm about to release a bug fix release because I spotted a last minute bug.
    2. Yes... but... I can't hide it for people who have the "Activate / update any licenses" permission because that will mostly be moderator/admins who need access to that button to modify (or reassign) the "license".
    3. No. It may contain the word "license" but it's basically just a short cut to the "Your Licenses" page and that's where "Licenses" (or whatever you are going to refer to them as) so it isn't directly related to the licensing options.

3. RobUK

RobUK New Member

For number 3.... surely that tab can only show if you've actually bought it? If not, clicking on the tab shows you an error (that you dont own it)

4. Chris D

That's the expected behaviour at the moment.

"Error" is a strong word. It just simply says that no licenses could be found.

If you wish to edit the tab out of the template completely, you can do so with the xenproduct_product_view template and remove:
    Code:
            <xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}">
                <li class="{xen:if '{$selectedTab} == "licenses"', 'active'}"><a href="{xen:link 'products/licenses', $product}">{xen:phrase xenproduct_product_licenses}</a></li>
            </xen:if>

5. RobUK

RobUK New Member

Yeah, I got a few template modifications in place already.... some I will have to undo now (didnt expect those implemented so quick!)

6. Chris D

Me neither, to be honest :p

They were quite simple though and worth doing and I had to release an update for a rather annoying bug that caught me out today already, so why not. Mostly, suggestions take a while to get implemented. You've been lucky!

RobUK likes this.
  7. RobUK

RobUK New Member

Well, I'm getting a huge array outputted on the active licenses page now... is that your debug?

8. Chris D

RobUK likes this.
  9. RobUK

RobUK New Member

Interesting debug info :D If only the thumbnail url was available :D

Thanks, will update now.

10. RobUK

RobUK New Member

Nothing has changed this end. Could this be the same bug I found at xenmods? Daniel was going to report it to you.

11. Chris D

No, it's my fault again. Try again once more. Re-download the files again. And re-upload them.

Sounds like a suggestion to me! Feel free to make another thread for that one.

12. Liam W

Liam W Member

Leaving debug code in? Oh dear... I do it all the time myself.

This must be a record for suggestion implementations :p

RobUK likes this.