1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Your content" and Widget Framework integration (link within userinfoblock)

Discussion in 'General Pre-Sales and Support Questions' started by TerryP, Jul 19, 2014.

1. TerryP

TerryP New Member

I noticed when I was logged in under the Test Admin username the option of viewing "your content" was available for members to view their own gallery. That's perfect for giving members quick access to their gallery.

I'm wondering if it's possible to have a link to individual members galleries posted in their profile. I'm not thinking about in their member card or on their profile page. But, within the extra info block under their avatar.

I know I can use the hook message_user_info_custom_fields for a location with the Widget Framework add-on and put a link in the correct location. I don't know if it can be set up to go to the members' photo gallery.

Here's hoping this makes sense! o_O

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      491.5 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      274 KB
      Views:
  2. Chris D

Chris D Xen Resources Developer Staff Member Xen Notices

A count of albums and media which link through to the content for each user is already available in the message user info area. Look at my message user info.

It's quite subtle but the numbers link through to their content.

This is just default CSS though so you could customise it quite easily to make it stand out more.

3. TerryP

TerryP New Member

@Chris D I glanced at a few of the threads in here and didn't see it. In other words, "It's quite subtle" should be you telling me "I'm freakin' blind!"

Thanks! A bunch!

Chris D likes this.
  4. Chris D

Hehe, no it's ok. Its easy to miss. It will only show up if you have media/albums first of all.

And the styling is the same as things like trophy points and message count if it is shown in the message user info. By default this is quite subtle but if you wanted to make it stand more you could style it to suit; but I guess once people know it's a link, they'll know to use it.

It's worth noting the count is also on the member card (as well as direct links to media and profile page) and in the profile info box and they have their own tab in the user profile.

So I've done a lot to make media as discoverable as possible :)

5. TerryP

TerryP New Member

Have you run across anyone that's needed to import from Smugmug? I'd have to look at each gallery to see but I'm guessing we've got 60-70K pics and that's just from the admin of the site and a few guys who've done some graphic stuff for us.

When we made the switch from vB back May the members files weren't stored on Smugmug so that's really not an issue.

6. Chris D

It's the first time I've ever heard of Smugmug so an importer from that is not currently on the roadmap, unfortunately :(